Common Technical Issues
Firefox works best for video viewing or streaming.
- Install Firefox and make sure to update to the latest version automatically or regularly.
- Firefox Recommended Browser Configuration (includes Remember history, Accept cookies from websites, and Accept third-party cookies Always)
- Avoid other browsers on the Recommended Browsers list which cause issues that are difficult to fix.
- (The CSU Canvas team recommends Firefox or Chrome for use of Canvas.)
Security issues accessing Echo360 content via Canvas
Once logged in to Canvas, you should not have to log in to Echo360 separately to access Echo360 content.
- If you are being prompted to log in to Echo360 from within Canvas, in most cases, this is due to the security settings used in your browser.
- Recommended Browsers, Enabling Cookies and other Browser settings
- Instructors: The Echo360 link does not work in Student View in Canvas.
Echo360 recording is not yet available
- After a recording finishes, the video is not available until it uploads and processes. Count on around twice the length, so an hour long recording takes about two to three hours. This can vary up to six hours, never over 12 hours. If opened during processing, sometimes part shows or it starts, then goes to a buffering stage.
- Make sure you include up to six hours for processing when creating assignments and due dates.
Video performance issues
- Firefox works best for video viewing or streaming.
- Check your Internet upload and download speeds using this Global Broadband Speed Test. Your download speed should be at least 10 Mbps. If not, contact your Internet service provider to upgrade your speed.
- Your WiFi signal may be weak or drop in and out. Move your computer close to your wireless modem or router, or plug an Ethernet cable directly into it.
- Close other programs and browser tabs to allow your computer's resources to focus on your Echo360 activities.
- When all else fails, you should still be able to watch the recorded videos after the live stream ends and they have had a couple hours to process.
- Finally, you can download the videos to watch later by opening the view box and selecting download. You will choose between audio and video of faculty, or audio and screen capture.
- Echo360 occasionally experiences service disruptions or degraded performance.
- Check the Echo360 status page