Each year we are happy to invite you to be our guests at the CSU Morgan Library to experience how colleges and companies are using technologies in their classroom and enhancing their learning experience for their students:
What: Gain hands-on personal (VR) Virtual Reality product knowledge for education applications.
Where: Colorado State University, Morgan Library, Fort Collins, Colorado 80523
When: January 12, 2017, 8:00 AM-4:00 PM.
Who should attend: Prospector/Alliance Members, Area Libraries, IT Managers, Media Specialists, and K-16.
Who will present: CSU, Samsung and Adobe.
How much: Complimentary, you are our guests, no charge to you. Seminar, lunch and breaks provided by CSU Libraries.
Personal VR (Virtual Reality) Workshop Agenda
8:00 AM Morgan Library
• Registration and name badge pick-up
• Continental breakfast
9:00 AM Behavioral Science Building (BSB) 131
Morning Session from the stage
Welcome, Introductions and logistics:
Answering the Virtual Reality Questions:
• Is VR right for education?
• Is the VR equipment easily available and affordable?
Topic 1 - Educational VR use cases and applicable value for academia
• Business model for distant learners - textbook vs. VR
• Practical applications and hands on discussion about other educational university use cases.
Topic 2 - Content Presentation and consumption
• Head-mounted displays and applications
11:30 AM Morgan Library
• Lunch / Networking
12:30 PM Morgan Library
Afternoon Sessions / Breakouts:
• Hands on VR workshop in computer classrooms in Morgan Library
Topic 3 - Content Creation
• Consumer 360 camera operations
Topic 4 - Content Editing - Adobe/Mettle
• Post-production editing ( using Adobe Premier Pro/After Effects/Skybox Studio)
Topic 5 - Content Distribution
• 360 Distribution platforms
4:00 PM Morgan Library computer classrooms
• Day Wrap-up and send off
Colorado State University, Morgan Library Lobby, 1201 Center Avenue Mall, Fort Collins, CO
|Early Registration Discount||
|Multiple Event Discount||
|Early Registration Deadline||
|Event Starts||1/12/2017 8:00 AM
|Event Ends||1/12/2017 4:00 PM
|Partners and Sponsors||